Valentine's Day

by - Tuesday, February 14, 2012

When we moved to Gent in 2007, we received a map of all the pubs there and BabyLuv & I decided that we'd go to all of them. Unfortunately the map teared when I tried to move it to another wall and I had to throw it away.
Early November 2009, I got a new similar map but it pointed all the Gentse restaurants! This was just perfect because we adore going to the restaurant. So we decided to try every restaurant in town. What a challenge! We're on the right track already and we still go to our favorite places often but we like to try a different one now and then.


BabyLuv and I celebrate Valentine's day every year. You can say all you want, I like the idea of celebrating our love one more time each year, especially since our Valentine's always come after our anniversary. It feels like we're celebrating it again and I really enjoy this.
To me, the best part is when BabyLuv gives me a card he wrote: this is and will always be the best present he can make me. I just love those hand-written words he put there. He's really the sweetest man I've ever met, he's attentive and protective and kind and honest.
IMG_7391IMG_7389
To celebrate Valentine's Day, we always try to go to a restaurant since it's one of our favorite things to do. BabyLuv usually chooses the restaurant but this time I wanted to try something new and maybe different. I was looking for coziness and comfort. I looked around and found this restaurant called Toi & Moi: it was just perfect (it means you and me)! And the person who answered the phone was so kind and helpful. Definitely the right place to celebrate love.
IMG_7390IMG_7442
We received a lovely menu card that we could keep as a souvenir and a beautiful rose.
Specialties: French/Belgian cuisine. Atmosphere: soothing and charming. Service: quick and friendly. Food: extremely good. Bathroom: clean and light. Open from 11.30 until 23.00 Kitchen open until 21.30 Closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays
When we left, the owners also gave us a lovely gift (a kitchen timer).
The menu was delicious and we tried food we never tried. I personally didn't really like the soup but enjoyed the meat greatly (though I'm usually not a big fan of game). BabyLuv loved everything and we both adored the dessert: the cuberdon ice cream was scrumptious! 
IMG_7433IMG_7402IMG_7401
This was one of the best Valentine's I've ever had. BabyLuv was a little tired at the end but we enjoyed each other greatly. Oh how much I love him! ♥
IMG_7444IMG_7443

Sint-Michielsstraat 31
9000 Gent
Tel: +32(0)9 225 86 33

Specialties: French/Belgian cuisine.
Atmosphere: cute and wwelcoming.
Service: quick and very friendly.
Food: very good.
Bathroom: clean and pretty.

Open everyday from 18:00 to 22:00.
Open on Sundays from 12:00 to 14:00.
Closed on Wednesdays.

You May Also Like

0 little notes