Cologne • Day 1

by - Friday, March 30, 2012

After stopping at Starbucks for a Chai Tea Latte, we took a cab to our hotel.
IMG_8433
The ride was very quick and we were there in no time. The young woman at the reception of the hotel was so friendly and cute. She tried her best to explain everything in English. She was really sweet.
We stayed at the Dorint An der Messe hotel, on the other side of the Rhine. We really liked our hotel room, it was spacious, with lots of light and air-conditioning/heating. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I'm not too keen on double beds because I love to cuddle but it seems there aren't many hotel that have real king/queen beds anymore.
IMG_4914IMG_4917
IMG_4927
IMG_4920IMG_4919
IMG_4924
BabyLuv checked the informations about the hotel: time for breakfast, possible restaurant, the spa services. I checked the possible ways to get to the concert hall.
IMG_4911
We both ended up falling asleep after awhile: BabyLuv wasn't feeling 100% and I was getting seriously sick because of my allergies. (There's carpet all over the hotel.)
IMG_4930
Before we left we had a quick snack.
IMG_4935IMG_4937IMG_4938
Adventures  in Cologne began with my allergies striking pretty hard (I had to go the emergencies and wait until after the concert to get my asthma medecine but took a couple of pills to calm the symptoms) and we saw beautiful windows trying to look for something more sustainable to eat.
IMG_8450
IMG_8451
We didn't find anything unfortunately because the concert hall is situated in a industrial part of Cologne. We took some biscuits in a tiny shop.
IMG_0392
I was so ready and excited to see Florence + The Machine live but I tried my best to stay calm because otherwise I knew my allergies would strike again. I don't remember who was the first part of the concert but the sound seemed nice.
IMG_0400
We had a couple of drinks waiting for the show.
IMG_0395IMG_0396
IMG_0410IMG_0399
IMG_0405
And finally, Florence + The Machine blew our mind terrifically.
I think I've never seen a concert so beautiful and emotionally, I was at my highest.
IMG_0415
Thank you to Florence + The Machine for making my night so worth living.
We truly had a blast.

You May Also Like

0 little notes