Cologne • Day 3

by - Sunday, April 01, 2012

We tried to wake up early this morning but we stayed in bed longer than we wanted. We had a big breakfast (at least I did, thinking we wouldn't eat for lunch like yesterday).
IMG_5075
IMG_5070IMG_5074
Then we went to the spa and it was really nice to be able to breathe properly again.
We had to give our room back at noon so we did and then we wanted to go get the sightseeing bus but we didn't find the stop and walked all the way across the Rhine to the station. It was a beautiful walk, the sun was shining high even though it was chilly, we saw  parts of the city that we wouldn't have seen if we took the bus then.
IMG_5148
IMG_5174
We still had 4 hours to kill so we put our luggages in a safe at the station, I got a chai tea latte from Starbucks and we looked for the bus tour. The driver was really funny and nice.
IMG_5246
The ride wasn't really good: it's not too comfortable (if you have back problems, I don't recommend it) and you don't see as much as you'd like but we were happy to be able to know more about the city. We had some big laughs in the bus looking at the people who were sleeping or hearing what they said. I love the picture of Peter laughing, it's my favorite!
IMG_5252
IMG_5283
IMG_5371
After the bus ride, we got our luggages back but still had 1 hour so we went to grab some lunch at a brasserie: at first you'd think it's really tiny because of the doors and when you enter, it's like a whole new universe! It was so huge and so long, I couldn't believe it. the decorations were really pretty.

IMG_5496IMG_5500
IMG_5505IMG_5508
IMG_5506IMG_5507
We had a yummy lunch (I couldn't finish, obviously with the breakfast I had) and we were happy and full when we boarded the train. I had a little time to buy some postcards too.
IMG_8502
Overall this trip was really nice and fun and relaxing. I really recommend visiting Cologne and I hope you'll have as much fun as we did.
IMG_8500

You May Also Like

0 little notes