Restaurant IntrÔvert

by - Saturday, May 26, 2012

When we moved to Gent in 2007, we received a map of all the pubs there and BabyLuv & I decided that we'd go to all of them. Unfortunately the map teared when I tried to move it to another wall and I had to throw it away.
Early November 2009, I got a new similar map but it pointed all the Gentse restaurants! This was just perfect because we adore going to the restaurant. So we decided to try every restaurant in town. What a challenge! We're on the right track already and we still go to our favorite places often but we like to try a different one now and then.

IntrÔvert is at about 5 minutes by bike from our home. We've been there a few times already and we enjoyed the closeness and the food a lot. It's situated next to a canal where the rowing teams practice and compete: there's a beautiful sight and a huge terrasse. The inside decoration is pretty awesome! I don't have a picture yet but I'll definitely take a few next time.
Tonight we chose to eat outside since it was so warm and sunny. We were lucky to be placed in a corner where we could see the whole terrasse. We took something to drink and it was very refreshing.
IMG_9670IMG_9671
We chose to have a starter because BabyLuv craved oysters. I took some shrimps in cocktail sauce. The oysters were so good, it's the first time I actually liked the texture. The shrimps were really fresh and tasty. I love cocktail sauce too.
IMG_9672IMG_9673
The waiter brought us some deeelicious brown bread. If I could only eat one sort of bread, it would be it.
IMG_9674IMG_9677
We had the misfortune to wait 1h30 for our main course: one of the waiter gave our plates to another table! The waitress apologized three times but it wasn't her fault. She was very kind and helpful and so energetic! She was going around the tables like a real pro!
BabyLuv's salmon salad was delicious (he always let me taste his food) but I was a bit disappointed with my duck filet salad because it's not what I expected. It was good but I didn't enjoy it as much as the smells of the steaks and entrecôtes on the other table... I think I was just ready to eat a warm meal but BabyLuv changed my mind just before ordering. Next time i'll go with my guts!
IMG_9678IMG_9679
Restaurant IntrÔvert
Griendijk 17
9000 Gent
Tel : +32 (0)9 227 13 32

Specialties: French/Belgian cuisine.
Atmosphere: pleasant and relaxing.
Service: quick and friendly.
Food: very good.
Bathroom: clean but tiny.

Closed on Mondays.
Open at 10:00 from Tuesday to Friday.
Open at 14:00 on Friday.
Open at 11:00 on Sunday.
Kitchen open everyday at 11:00 (Saturday, open at 15:00).

You May Also Like

0 little notes