What a weekend!

by - Sunday, November 25, 2012

This weekend was full of unexpected events, some bad, some great.
I'm going to write about one bad but I'm not going to be complaining (so much).

I fell yet again from my bike.

IMG_2584

I don't know what it is with me and bikes but it seems that I have some sort of curse:
When I was about 8, my lovely white bike broke in two, right in the middle, while I was riding it.
When I was about 12, I wanted to do just like my brother who  just went through a 90° angle and went right down... the field. I was so in shock I couldn't move for a moment.
When I was 16, I almost fell but could find my balance again but hurting myself because I took my Mom's bike which was a man's bike. Ouch! I also wanted to get into our tiny pathway with the bike and scratched all my left hand fingers. Ouch again!
Just last Summer, we were riding our bikes in Limburg, Belgium and we were looking at how beautiful the nature was and we slowed down and I couldn't avoid the biker in front of me and fell (I have to admit that I was trying to take a picture and ended up with my right hand really high up so I wouldn't break my iPhone. Since then I bought a lifeproof case).
And so this time, I got stuck in a tram rail.

I've been afraid it would happen but I managed not to get too close to the tram rail or to completely avoid them or to cross them in such a certain way that the wheels of my bike wouldn't get stuck. But we went to this street (that I've never been to before) and the street is so narrow that you have to pass the tram rails.

I got stuck once but could get out real quick without any trouble but then I was scared (and I was tired) and got stuck again without being able to get out of it. And fell.
I really hurt myself this time and started to cry (mostly because I was afraid of the cars behind us) and asked BabyLuv to take the bike away from me. I couldn't walk properly and was all wet. My left feet hurt terribly as I tried to walk and my right calf was pouncing pretty hard. I took a look at my legs and saw it was nothing bad so we went on to go to the restaurant, but I wouldn't ride my bike.

I think I won't take that street with my bike ever again and I'll also be 100 times more careful. I heard some of my colleagues talk about it (falling off because of the tram tracks) but I'd never thought that it'd be that scary.
Later on, I came across the image below and thought about how ironic it was. I think this was very accurate. LOL!

IMG_2636

sign-blog

You May Also Like

0 little notes