Time to reflect... 30 going on 31

by - Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's funny how different this year is from last year when I was so anxious to be turning 30. It feels so strange and yet so normal, it feels like ageing doesn't matter anymore and that life is just happening and I'm enjoying it.

I feel calm and happy and my thoughts are:
  • This is nothing, I've done it 30 times already!
  • My most favourite person is not going to be there with me and it makes me very sad but I'll get over it and I know he'll make up for it.
  • I'm going to celebrate it with strangers and colleagues and I think it's going to be pretty awesome to be surrounded by good people.
  • My in-laws are the best: they're taking me to a restaurant I've been wanting to go back for a little while.
  • What am I going to wear tomorrow?
  • Yeah, I can sleep in a bit!
I do feel a little sad because Peter is away but I can't wait to see him and celebrate my birthday with him. He already got me a beautiful beeeautiful bouquet, I'm the luckiest!

Also a very, very happy birthday to my wonderful friend, Emily! I love you!

sign-blog

You May Also Like

0 little notes